Hulu has acquired exclusive rights to stream shows from AMC, IFC, BCC America, SundanceTV and WE tv, the digital platform announced on Wednesday.
One of the scripted series on tap is The Walking Dead‘s spinoff, Fear The Walking Dead. Other dramas and comedies will also be included on their original programming. (Please read the titles and descriptions below.)
Here’s a statement from Hulu’s Chief Executive Officer Mike Hopkins:
AMC Networks has an incredible reputation and track record in producing captivating storytelling across a variety of genres for true connoisseurs of television. This huge partnership guarantees that Hulu viewers will soon be able to enjoy the newest slate of premium programming from some of the top cable networks.
WHAT’S TO COME | Hulu’s original programming will include the ff. shows:
- Difficult People, starring Billy Eichner and Julie Klausner, debuts this summer — or, as Eichner called it, “Two best friends who hate everything in world besides each other. Will and Grace if one were a six and the other were a seven.”
- Casual, a family drama from Jason Reitman, premiering in the fall.
- RocketJump: The Show, a working title of for a show brought to you by the people of Video Game High School.
- The Way, a show about a family at the center of a controversial faith-based movement made by Parenthood writer/producer Jessica Goldberg and Jason Katims, will go into production this summer.
- 11/22/63, a thriller produced by J.J. Abrams based on Stephen King’s time-travel novel about the JFK assassination, starring James Franco.